Jun 9, 2011

Birthday Party Firsts

When your baby turns one, it is a happy but stressful occasion. With a little planning you can save money, time and most of all stress.

Decide a couple of months in advance if you want to go with a theme, even if it is just a colour scheme. Unity will make everything look so much nicer. If you decide to go with a theme, buy a few decorations here and there and match the rest with it according to the colours. It will save you money and won't look too tacky.

The best advice I can give you is about the venue. Try and keep it outside of your house. If you have a big enough backyard, go ahead, but try and organise that you have someone come in for the day to help you clean or set up the decorations. Even if that person can only entertain the baby while you decorate.

I was really lucky to have a great social area in the condiminium where we live. It has a pool as well as a shallow one for babies. That way I could keep the mess out of my house. It already has tables and chairs so all I had to do was decorate.

The pool, waiting for kids and toys!!!




Since I invited mostly babies, I also made sure there was a nice big blanket for them to play on with some baby toys. They loved interacting with each other and feeding (or stealing) each others cake!
I also made individual party favours depending on the child's age: the babies got a soft little ball to play with, baby crackers and cookies and of course some Gerber.(I have seen people add disposable bibs or spoons) And the older kids got candy!




No comments:

Post a Comment